Arousing or deserving respect and approval: he has one admirable quality—he is totally honest
More example sentences
- But then I find myself asking why competition is seen as such an admirable quality.
- They demonstrated an admirable grasp of the first rule of business: adapt to survive.
- Here they reproduced that result with great quality and admirable bravery.
commendable, worthy of admiration, worthy of commendation, praiseworthy, laudable, estimable, meritorious, creditable, exemplary, exceptional, notable, honourable, worthy, deserving, respectable, worthwhile;
excellent, good, sterling, superb, superlative, brilliant, outstanding, first-rate, first-class, second to none, of the first order, of the highest order, of the first water, supreme, prime, great, fine, masterly, marvellous, wonderful, magnificent, impressive
informal A1, wicked, stellar, super, splendiferous, top-notch, fab, ace, tip-top, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Australian/New Zealand informal beaut
British informal , dated top-hole
- More example sentences
- Both the lead characters were well drawn and admirably played by consummate actors.
- On the day itself my three team mates ran admirably and set me up perfectly.
- As usual, the Chorus and Orchestra of Opera North were well up to the mark and were admirably conducted by David Parry.