Definition of admiration in English:
- The hard working people in the theatre community deserve our respect and admiration for the time and effort they put into their craft.
- Everyone was full of praise and admiration for the people who worked so hard to make this trip so memorable.
- Everyone affected by the floods will be filled with admiration for the Hovingham diggers.
- I try to show that it's possible to be different and worthy of admiration and respect.
- All her life she's never done anything that has been worthy of my admiration and respect.
- She says my goals and aspirations inspire her, and frankly, I want to be worthy of her admiration.
miracle from Middle English:
In Latin a miraculum was ‘an object of wonder’ and was formed from mirus ‘wonderful’. These also lie behind admiration (Late Middle English) and marvel (Middle English).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.