- Attached to or modifying a noun.More example sentences
- The original plan to distinguish restrictive and descriptive adnominal modifications has been abandoned.
- Our method identifies adnominal phrases assigned relatively small weight values.
- If the adnominal genitive in the abbreviated sentence corresponds to the object in the full sentence, it is referred to as an objective genitive.
mid 19th century: from Latin adnomen 'added name' + -al.
More definitions of adnominalDefinition of adnominal in:
- The US English dictionary