- A substance used to adulterate another.More example sentences
- Crack is a combination of cocaine hydrochloride, baking soda, and other adulterants which gives rise to a rock-like substance.
- The adulterants ranged from water in the case of milk, cheaper varieties of oils in the case of edible oils to colours in the case of rice and tea.
- Heat is applied to the bottle, thereby separating the adulterants from the rock and leaving behind a gel-like substance containing a concentrated cocaine-based solution.
adjectiveBack to top
- Used in adulterating something.More example sentences
- They argued that because the bacteria is naturally occurring, it is not an "adulterant" substance subject to regulation by the government.
mid 18th century: from Latin adulterant- 'corrupting', from the verb adulterare (see adulterate).
More definitions of adulterantDefinition of adulterant in:
- The US English dictionary