Definition of adulterous in English:
Of or involving adultery: an adulterous affair
More example sentences
- It turns out that Hermanus is an adulterous hotbed of extramarital affairs.
- And for a man who for so long struggled to find fulfilment in love - even in an adulterous affair - the loss of the illusion might be hard to bear.
- He was the result of an adulterous wartime affair.
- Example sentences
- He perceives her as a woman who as a child saw her father adulterously kiss a neighbor.
- George is already kicking over the traces - spending too much, drinking too much, gambling too much and, as Amelia dare not admit to herself, consorting adulterously with other women.
- A heterosexually oriented celibate will sin adulterously with a married woman or be guilty of fornication with an unmarried one.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan