- A nuclear reactor in which the coolant is carbon dioxide, with uranium oxide fuel clad in steel and using graphite as a moderator.More example sentences
- An advanced gas-cooled reactor on the site is also undergoing decommissioning.
- The historic costs of decommissioning British Magnox and advanced gas-cooled reactors do not bear comparison with the costs of decommissioning modern plants.
- The cracks were spotted in graphite bricks in the cores of all the company's advanced gas-cooled reactors, or AGRs. Collectively, they provide the country with nearly one fifth of its electricity.
More definitions of advanced gas-cooled reactorDefinition of advanced gas-cooled reactor in:
- The US English dictionary