- Involving or creating favourable circumstances that increase the chances of success or effectiveness; beneficial: the scheme is advantageous to your company we are in an advantageous positionMore example sentences
superior, dominant, powerful, important, commanding, excellent, good, fine, fortunate, lucky, privileged, favourable, preferable, preferred, favoured, more desirable, most desirablebeneficial, of benefit, helpful, of assistance, useful, of use, valuable, of value, of service, profitable, fruitful, rewarding, gainful, lucrative; suitable, convenient, expedient, appropriate, fitting, favourable, auspicious, propitious, fortuitous, lucky; in everyone's interests
- Khadim Hussain, from the Sangat Centre, said the presence of two leading authorities was advantageous.
- This allocation would be made in a way that was most advantageous to shareholders, Mr Goodyear said.
- Our schemes are very competitive and advantageous for the value we offer.
- More example sentences
- Here I rely on Chun, who is somewhat more advantageously positioned to participate in this debate, to provide the critique.
- The present invention is also concerned with a blood components separator unit, which can advantageously be used in practice of the above-mentioned method.
- Lunar eclipses - like that advantageously interpreted by Christopher Columbus in 1504-may more easily be used because they can be seen over a much wider area.