Definition of adventurism in English:
The willingness to take risks in business or politics; actions or attitudes regarded as reckless or potentially hazardous.
- Only in this manner can we hope to reduce the risks of adventurism and miscalculation in a world that retains many thousands of nuclear weapons.
- To make such a claim is nothing but reckless adventurism.
- Its reckless adventurism could have resulted in a nuclear conflagration.
adventurist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- There have been serious accidents in both countries' military installations and nuclear facilities, including scores of aircraft crashes, fires, and adventurist actions by commanders.
- She also expressed sadness that people gossip casually on the prospect their government might be destabilized, or their elected leadership deposed by ‘adventurists’ when such talk ‘should alarm them.’
- They rightly fear that the adventurist posture may prove very costly to their own interests, even to survival.
Definition of adventurism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan