The willingness to take risks in business or politics; actions or attitudes regarded as reckless or potentially hazardous.
- Only in this manner can we hope to reduce the risks of adventurism and miscalculation in a world that retains many thousands of nuclear weapons.
- To make such a claim is nothing but reckless adventurism.
- Its reckless adventurism could have resulted in a nuclear conflagration.
- Example sentences
- There have been serious accidents in both countries' military installations and nuclear facilities, including scores of aircraft crashes, fires, and adventurist actions by commanders.
- She also expressed sadness that people gossip casually on the prospect their government might be destabilized, or their elected leadership deposed by ‘adventurists’ when such talk ‘should alarm them.’
- They rightly fear that the adventurist posture may prove very costly to their own interests, even to survival.
Definition of adventurism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.