(Of a course of action) to be recommended; sensible: it is advisable to carry one of the major credit cards early booking is advisable
More example sentences
- Advance booking is always advisable but you can of course always take a chance on the day itself.
- It may also be advisable to carry an emergency card or bracelet to alert others of the allergy.
- This may be advisable if you are likely to be carried away by the proceedings and bid over your upper limit.
wise, desirable, preferable, well, best, sensible, commonsensical, sound, prudent, proper, appropriate, apt, suitable, fitting, judicious, recommended, recommendable, suggested, expedient, politic, helpful, useful, effective, advantageous, beneficial, valuable, profitable, gainful;
in one's (best) interests
- More example sentences
- We hope we will enjoy some beautiful fall days but advisably you should also be prepared for some rain.
- For details, ask the nearest German Embassy or Consulate, advisably before you send the application.
- Be on the tower early enough, advisably not later than three to four in the afternoon.