noun[mass noun] archaic or North American
- We are constantly seeking ways to create a full developmental program, beginning with assessment and advisement.
- Nonetheless, meaness filtered out, the input is taken into advisement.
- Then the FDA will take that into advisement and make a decision sometimes in the near future.
take something under advisement
- North American Reserve judgement while considering something.Example sentences
- We took this under advisement, and then went anyway.
- He takes under advisement the opinions of legal scholars.
- Otherwise, they can just use the boards to deflect criticism and take their suggestions under perpetual advisement.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ad¦vise|ment
Definition of advisement in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.