(also adzuki bean, aduki)
noun (plural adzukis)
- 1A small, round dark-red edible bean.More example sentences
- Vegetarians can use aduki or mung beans.
- Locals order shaved ice with ice cream and adzuki, Japanese sweet beans.
- In a large bowl, combine the broad beans, chard, raw peas, tomatoes, spring onions, herbs, aduki beans and millet.
- 2The bushy Asian plant which produces the adzuki bean.
More example sentences
- Vigna angularis, family Leguminosae
- Two edible beans were selected for compatibility with the producers' existing cropping practices: the adzuki and the chickpea.
- Before the Adzuki plant has reached maturity, the beans are green and contain a high proportion of water.
- Plus, you can grow adzuki plants from the beans.
early 18th century: from Japanese azuki.
More definitions of adzukiDefinition of adzuki in:
- The US English dictionary