(also adzuki bean, aduki)
Definition of adzuki in English:
noun (plural adzukis)
1A small, round dark-red edible bean.
- Vegetarians can use aduki or mung beans.
- Locals order shaved ice with ice cream and adzuki, Japanese sweet beans.
- In a large bowl, combine the broad beans, chard, raw peas, tomatoes, spring onions, herbs, aduki beans and millet.
2The bushy Asian plant which produces the adzuki bean.
- Vigna angularis, family Leguminosae
- Two edible beans were selected for compatibility with the producers' existing cropping practices: the adzuki and the chickpea.
- Before the Adzuki plant has reached maturity, the beans are green and contain a high proportion of water.
- Plus, you can grow adzuki plants from the beans.
Early 18th century: from Japanese azuki.
Words that rhyme with adzukibouzouki, fluky, kabuki, kooky, pukey, saluki, spooky, Sukie, Suzuki, verrucae
Definition of adzuki in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.