- 1A certificate stating that a university student is too ill to attend an examination.More example sentences
- He didn't look at all unwell, so if we get an aegrotat request I will be skeptical.
- 1.1An examination pass awarded to a student having an aegrotat.More example sentences
- It includes such questions as what mark or class a student ought to be awarded or whether an aegrotat is justified.
- I was awarded aegrotats for the work I had done.
- An aegrotat pass is considered if a student fails an examination through serious circumstances beyond their control.
late 18th century: Latin, literally 'he is sick'.