Definition of aerobatics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
Loops, rolls, and other feats of spectacular flying performed in one or more aircraft to entertain an audience on the ground.
- An experienced Skyray user can perform aerobatics, doing barrel rolls and slaloming through clouds.
- And while it's a sturdy training aircraft, it also has a deserved reputation for aerobatics - it can perform a 360° roll in just two seconds.
- It had excellent performance at height and could still perform aerobatics at 5000m.
- Example sentences
- The all-metal airplane was aerobatic, mostly with help from momentum.
- Some pilots argue that wood is a more logical material for aerobatic airplanes than metal because wood has no memory.
- The aircraft had left the airport at Lafayette for an aerobatic practice flight.
Definition of aerobatics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia