- A structure with curved surfaces designed to give the most favourable ratio of lift to drag in flight, used as the basic form of the wings, fins, and tailplanes of most aircraft.More example sentences
- This is an admirable compendium of the mathematical theories of the aerodynamics of aerofoils and wings.
- As you move forward, the wing inflates into an aerofoil section above your head.
- Leonardo later realized the inadequacy of the power a man could generate and turned his attention to aerofoils.
More definitions of aerofoilDefinition of aerofoil in:
- The US English dictionary