- A solid material of extremely low density, produced by removing the liquid component from a conventional gel.More example sentences
- An aerogel is a porous network of silica strands with diameters of a few nanometres.
- To be useful, aerogels must remain firm in different environments - a hurdle that most such materials have not cleared.
- A tennis racket-shaped canister packed with a material called aerogel will capture the particles during the flyby.
More definitions of aerogelDefinition of aerogel in:
- The US English dictionary