noun[mass noun] dated
The study of the atmosphere.
More example sentences
- The collaboration between aerology and synoptic meteorology contributed to the development of the two domains.
- The discipline of aerology - using radiosondes and balloons - began in 1944.
- The present paper continues to analyze he initial development of aerology in Cuba starting from 1944.
- More example sentences
- She served as an aerological engineer, analyzing the effects of weather on combat.
- As early as 1917, during the latter days of WW1, aerological services to naval aviation were needed.
- The following operations are steps to be orderly taken for performing aerological measurements by radio sounding.
Definition of aerology in:
- The US English dictionary