Definition of aerology in English:
noun[mass noun] dated
The study of the atmosphere.
- The collaboration between aerology and synoptic meteorology contributed to the development of the two domains.
- The discipline of aerology - using radiosondes and balloons - began in 1944.
- The present paper continues to analyze he initial development of aerology in Cuba starting from 1944.
- Example sentences
- She served as an aerological engineer, analyzing the effects of weather on combat.
- As early as 1917, during the latter days of WW1, aerological services to naval aviation were needed.
- The following operations are steps to be orderly taken for performing aerological measurements by radio sounding.
Definition of aerology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India