- A traveller in a hot-air balloon, airship, or other flying craft.More example sentences
- Ironically, the dunes remaining are not the ones from which the famous aeronauts tried their flying machines.
- The aeronauts tested a three-winged glider, but when the lower wing kept catching on the dunes Avery removed it.
- Cartier designed the first wristwatch so the aeronaut could check the time without removing his hands from the controls.
late 18th century: from French aéronaute, from Greek aēr 'air' + nautēs 'sailor'.
More definitions of aeronautDefinition of aeronaut in:
- The US English dictionary