- A powered flying vehicle with fixed wings and a weight greater than that of the air it displaces.More example sentences
- They then went on to ransack a hangar belonging to the property, which houses an aeroplane, helicopter and car.
- I am, of course, fully aware of the very significant differences between aeroplanes and helicopters.
- Some sprays were even applied from the air, using aeroplanes or helicopters.
late 19th century: from French aéroplane, from aéro- 'air' + Greek -planos 'wandering'.
More definitions of aeroplaneDefinition of aeroplane in:
- The US English dictionary