- The character or quality of being affected or pretentious: her lack of affectednessMore example sentences
- Which is not to say that the Book Fair was a less worthy event: the renovated schoolhouse somehow dispels art world affectedness, and I've always found the setting to be more precious than ironic.
- Add in his entertaining surliness and weird affectedness—with his ranch, cop moustache, and drawl, you'd think he grew up in Texas rather than southern California.
- She had no affectedness anywhere, but was as natural as are all the girls of her generation.
More definitions of affectednessDefinition of affectedness in:
- The US English dictionary