Definition of affecting in English:
Touching the emotions; moving: a highly affecting account of her experiences in prison
More example sentences
- Venus Williams's straight-set victory over sister Serena in the Wimbledon women's semi-finals was the most affecting sports contest in recent memory.
- Like her male counterpart, she always seems to have an affecting awareness of her sidekick status.
- Still, you'd be hard-pressed to find a fresher, more affecting show in the city this summer.
- Example sentences
- It was affectingly acted, beautifully designed, and, for lack of a better word, crunchy.
- It's a quiet story, affectingly intimate, dealing as it does with family, pride, roots and humility.
- They now have a most unusual friendship and she speaks affectingly of his story as a peculiarly American tragedy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.