noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- Action favouring those who tend to suffer from discrimination; positive discrimination.More example sentences
- And call it what you like, but we need positive discrimination, or affirmative action.
- They have been appointed on a basis that reflects political correctness or affirmative action.
- It should also contain a clear statement by the union in favour of affirmative action.
More definitions of affirmative actionDefinition of affirmative action in:
- The US English dictionary