- A psychological malaise supposedly affecting young wealthy people, symptoms of which include a lack of motivation, feelings of guilt, and a sense of isolation.More example sentences
- There are many exceptions to the rule, but a fear of affluenza has prompted some wealthy parents to disinherit their children for magnanimous reasons.
- But the kind that presents to general practitioners and is counted in statistics as part of the growing crisis in mental health is a different kind of malaise, better described as affluenza than depression.
- But the problem of affluenza goes beyond constructing a sound estate plan for wealthy parents.
More definitions of affluenzaDefinition of affluenza in:
- The US English dictionary