Definition of aftercare in English:
1Care of a patient after a stay in hospital or of a person on release from prison.
- We studied a handful of services offered by programs, including aftercare, medical care, individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
- More information is needed not only about the best form of psychological treatments for these people but also about the appropriateness of hospital aftercare for initial management.
- Prison treatment plus aftercare yielded the best outcome results at the centre, a finding that has now been replicated in other studies.
2Support or advice offered to a customer following the purchase of a product or service.
- Many of the companies that offer hair relaxing kits also offer special aftercare products to help keep the newly relaxed hair soft and prevent dryness or damage.
- They all promised to support the free aftercare campaign for the elderly.
- Furthermore, those individuals that did purchase found that they received no aftercare service and in some cases had bought at hugely inflated prices and were unable to re-sell at a later stage.
Words that rhyme with aftercarechildcare
Definition of aftercare in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan