- 1Light or radiance remaining in the sky after the sun has set.More example sentences
- Three months after the eruption, the ash and aerosol had spread to higher latitudes causing such vivid red sunset afterglows that fire engines were called out in several places, like New York, to quench the apparent conflagration.
- The colored light that escapes from the open top and entrance of the chamber transforms the gallery in which it is installed, bathing its neutral walls with reflected light, rather like the afterglow of a sunset.
- The entire universe is bathed in this afterglow light.
- 1.1Good feelings remaining after a pleasurable or successful experience: basking in the afterglow of victoryMore example sentences
- All about me there was the afterglow of an other-worldly experience.
- The afterglow of the pleasurable activity paled in comparison with the effects of the kind action.
- It's funny how a chance encounter, a few words of enthusiasm, and the afterglow of a successful trip can give rise to unrestrained optimism.
More definitions of afterglowDefinition of afterglow in:
- The US English dictionary