- 1The consequences or after-effects of a significant unpleasant event: food prices soared in the aftermath of the droughtMore example sentences
- Counselling in the aftermath of traumatic events can worsen stress and hinder recovery.
- In the aftermath of these two events, she went through a period of anorexia and terrible confusion.
- European leaders made all the right noises in the aftermath of Tuesday's events.
- 2 Farming New grass growing after mowing or harvest.More example sentences
- Proper use of slurry and fertilizer are essential to the recovery of silage aftermaths right now.
- Grazing must take priority through the summer months, with the grazing rotations extended across second-cut aftermaths to compensate for slower growth as grass hits the mid-season trough.
- In early August they commenced the grass harvesting operation on second cut aftermath, with fresh cut grass made available at both milkings to all cows.