- A headband worn by Bedouin Arab men to keep the keffiyeh in place.More example sentences
- It is held in place with an agal, a thick, black woven band.
- Middle Eastern tourists, diplomats, in the Arabic ‘agal’ and ‘kufia’ can be seen everywhere in Geneva.
- The agal is an accessory constructed of cord which is fastened around the Keffiyeh (an Arab headdress) to hold it.
mid 19th century: representing a Bedouin pronunciation of Arabic ‘iqāl 'bond, hobble'.
More definitions of agalDefinition of agal in:
- The US English dictionary