Definition of age of reason in English:
- It's all part of that whole godless scientific method, empirical data, age of reason, enlightenment lah-de-dah we hold so dear.
- This was the age of reason and enlightenment where science was fitting the heavens into the clockwork precision of mechanical, mathematical laws.
- The Enlightenment, the age of reason, being the high noon, the fulfilment of the ideals of humanism?
2(Especially in the Roman Catholic Church) the age at which a child is held capable of discerning right from wrong.
- Heard today it's someone's birthday, who's long the age of reason past
- Sadly, my children are reaching the age of reason.
- No more could they look outwards, to cinema, to fill their lives - they would turn inward, not as penitents, but as children turning six again, re-arriving at the age of reason and self-awareness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan