- 1The Enlightenment.More example sentences
- It's all part of that whole godless scientific method, empirical data, age of reason, enlightenment lah-de-dah we hold so dear.
- This was the age of reason and enlightenment where science was fitting the heavens into the clockwork precision of mechanical, mathematical laws.
- The Enlightenment, the age of reason, being the high noon, the fulfilment of the ideals of humanism?
- 2(Especially in the Roman Catholic Church) the age at which a child is held capable of discerning right from wrong.More example sentences
- Heard today it's someone's birthday, who's long the age of reason past
- Sadly, my children are reaching the age of reason.
- No more could they look outwards, to cinema, to fill their lives - they would turn inward, not as penitents, but as children turning six again, re-arriving at the age of reason and self-awareness.