Definition of ageism in English:
Prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age: ageism in recruitment is an increasing problem
More example sentences
- Many more are also oppressed by homophobia, ageism, discrimination against the disabled, the uneducated, or the poor in general.
- Ethnic prejudice, ageism, and sexism still prevent many people from advancing.
- We strive to eliminate sexism, ageism, heterosexism and other forms of discrimination from our lives.
- 1 adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- I filed it with other letters I had received in the past, some calling me racist, ageist, sexist, biased-for-ballet, biased-against-ballet, and so forth.
- The evidence tends to suggest that the ageist prejudice of today's affluent world - the idea that most of us burn out in our fifties and might as well devote our remaining span to relaxation - is long overdue for re-examination.
- Sexist, ageist comment there I think - the 70-80 year old woman who lives next door to me would use stronger language about Blair!
Definition of ageism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan