Prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age: ageism in recruitment is an increasing problem
More example sentences
- Many more are also oppressed by homophobia, ageism, discrimination against the disabled, the uneducated, or the poor in general.
- Ethnic prejudice, ageism, and sexism still prevent many people from advancing.
- We strive to eliminate sexism, ageism, heterosexism and other forms of discrimination from our lives.
- adjective & noun
- More example sentences
- I filed it with other letters I had received in the past, some calling me racist, ageist, sexist, biased-for-ballet, biased-against-ballet, and so forth.
- The evidence tends to suggest that the ageist prejudice of today's affluent world - the idea that most of us burn out in our fifties and might as well devote our remaining span to relaxation - is long overdue for re-examination.
- Sexist, ageist comment there I think - the 70-80 year old woman who lives next door to me would use stronger language about Blair!
More definitions of ageismDefinition of ageism in:
- The US English dictionary