- An antigenic substance present in blood cells, bacteria, etc., which stimulates the formation of an agglutinin in blood serum.More example sentences
- Both grouping is based on the presence and the absence of agglutinogens and their specific agglutinins.
- Group O lacks agglutinogens, but the serum contains both the anti-A and anti-B agglutinins.
- These recognize and respond to agglutinogens that are not recognized as ‘self.’
More definitions of agglutinogenDefinition of agglutinogen in:
- The US English dictionary