- A metal or plastic tube fixed round each end of a shoelace.More example sentences
- The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
- And that the ends of our shoelaces are called aglets.
- A random search by CFO magazine recently uncovered E-tail sites hawking pipe cleaners, arugula seeds, and aglets (those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces).
late Middle English: from French aiguillette 'small needle', diminutive of aiguille (see aiguille).
More definitions of agletDefinition of aglet in:
- The US English dictionary