Definition of agonizing in English:
Causing great physical or mental pain: an agonizing death there is an agonizing choice to make
More example sentences
- But the pain that night was nothing compared to the agonizing pain of death I was feeling now.
- Having the most intense throbbing agonising pain in my head
- Sitting up abruptly she yelped as the agonizing pain tripled in intensity.
- [as submodifier]: agonizingly slow stepsMore example sentences
- After an eternity of standing still, I gradually forced myself to turn away and take agonizingly slow steps back up to my room.
- The process has been painfully and agonizingly slow to the World Championship Title.
- I'd heard that it was agonisingly painful, but I just found it uncomfortable and embarrassing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan