Causing great physical or mental pain: an agonizing death there is an agonizing choice to make
More example sentences
- But the pain that night was nothing compared to the agonizing pain of death I was feeling now.
- Having the most intense throbbing agonising pain in my head
- Sitting up abruptly she yelped as the agonizing pain tripled in intensity.
- [as submodifier]: agonizingly slow stepsMore example sentences
- After an eternity of standing still, I gradually forced myself to turn away and take agonizingly slow steps back up to my room.
- The process has been painfully and agonizingly slow to the World Championship Title.
- I'd heard that it was agonisingly painful, but I just found it uncomfortable and embarrassing.