- The science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products.More example sentences
- Success in obtaining the required output of food from agriculture depends on soil fertility.
- Essentially this ditches almost all animal agriculture except for beef and dairy products.
- They have opened the way to a new phase in the history of agriculture, animal breeding and husbandry.
- More example sentences
- Around the middle of the eighteenth century, the breeding of livestock was dramatically changed by Robert Bakewell, an English agriculturist.
- At North Dakota, as at Minnesota, he was the first professor of agriculture and agriculturist for the agricultural experiment station.
- It should have major appeal to practicing agriculturists, agricultural advisors, land managers and students of agricultural science, especially upperclassmen.
late Middle English: from Latin agricultura, from ager, agr- 'field' + cultura 'growing, cultivation'.