noun (plural agrimonies)
A plant of the rose family which bears slender flower spikes and hooked fruits, found in north temperate regions.
- Genus Agrimonia, family Rosaceae: several species
More example sentences
- Other locally common tannin-rich plants include blackberry, raspberry, rose, lady's mantle, agrimony, meadowsweet, and strawberry (all members of the rose family), geraniums, purple loosestrife, and sumacs.
- Examples of carbonizing herbs to stop bleeding are carbonized cattail pollen, carbonized human hair, carbonized agrimony and carbonized wormwood or mugwort.
- To dry agrimony, spread out the leaves, flowers, and stems on a wire rack in a warm, shaded location.
Definition of agrimony in:
- The US English dictionary