- A large damselfly that has a body with a metallic sheen. Also called demoiselle.
More example sentences
- Genus Agrion (or Calopteryx), family Calopterygidae: numerous species
- The length of the second segment in Agrion antennata shoes that it does not belong to the genus Agrion in its stricter sense.
- In the wings of pupae of many insects, the circulation may be seen; in that of the Agrion puella, a small Dragon-fly, each of the "nerves" of the wings contain trachae, or air-tubes, which branch off from the larger system in the body.
- A Banded Agrion Damselfly passed through my south Lancing garden at fence height without pausing to explore.
Greek, neuter of agrios 'wild'.