1Industry connected with agriculture: [count noun]: joint ventures in agro-industries
More example sentences
- He said providing a boost to agriculture and agro-industries will continue to remain the prime concern of the government.
- We must also re-examine those aspects of our policies that prevent a creative interaction between farmers and agro-industries.
- The farmers were the worst hit because the Budget, which had talked of promoting agro-industries, had not talked about costs of inputs like fertilisers, seeds and pesticides.
1.1Agriculture developed along industrial lines.
- 580 dwellers from rural and marginal urban areas of Lima and Huancayo, 70% of which are women, have been trained in agro-industry techniques; 145 of them have started up a small enterprise.
- This relates to the challenges referred to above and to encouraging consumers to use their consumer power to stimulate biodiversity-friendly production and agro-industry practices.
- Example sentences
- The co-op built a $6 million agro-industrial complex that includes a 100-car rail-spur and a 600,000-bushel elevator to load unit trains.
- The rapeseed, like many other GM crops designed by agro-industrial corporations, is designed to resist herbicides, so that farmers can use a broad spectrum of powerful weedkillers.
- Improving the way we manage water used in agriculture is especially key because more than 70 percent of the water used in the world today goes to irrigating crops and other agro-industrial uses.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: agro-industry
Definition of agro-industry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.