- The branch of botany concerned with grasses.More example sentences
- Hence, an agrostology project was thought to be a highly important option for the state.
- The first stumbling block for most students is the specialized terminology of agrostology.
- Her agrostology course at CSU was widely acclaimed and she was friends with Agnes Chase, the famous illustrator for A. S. Hitchcock's Manual of the Grasses of the United States.
mid 19th century: from Greek agrōstis (denoting a kind of grass) + -logy.
More definitions of agrostologyDefinition of agrostology in:
- The US English dictionary