- (In the Hindu, Buddhist, and Jainist tradition) respect for all living things and avoidance of violence towards others.More example sentences
- Since Hindu religion teaches us ahimsa - noninjury - this principle should be equally applied to every human being and animal.
- He is just one of the hundreds of spokesmen and women spreading the Hindu ideal of ahimsa, noninjury to others, whether by thought, word or deed.
- How do Buddhist ethical teachings like ahimsa affect its approach to contemporary moral dilemmas such as abortion?
Sanskrit, from a 'non-, without' + hiṃsā 'violence'.
More definitions of ahimsaDefinition of ahimsa in:
- The US English dictionary