exclamationNautical or • humorous
- A call used in hailing: ahoy there! land ahoy!More example sentences
- We didn't know what it was going to be like when we started, but as we got into it, more and more people, all the emails I get now instead of hi Peter, it's ahoy!
- The ref blows for full time - golden goal or penalties ahoy!
- It will be ship ahoy for the brave mum-of-two Marie next Tuesday as she takes up the Cabin Fever challenge on board a 90 ft Schooner ship.
More definitions of ahoyDefinition of ahoy in:
- The US English dictionary