Without purpose or direction: an aimless existence
More example sentences
- Further, this conception renders purposeful art at best aimless and at worst nonsensical.
- I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble.
- This is a troubling image, redolent of something locked in an aimless subterranean existence.
unoccupied, idle, at a loose end, with time to kill
- Example sentences
- Jung believed that the more secular, materialistic, and compulsively extraverted our civilization became, the greater the unhappiness, senselessness and aimlessness of our lives.
- I think we have an aimlessness and a pointlessness out there that this legislation addresses, as well.
- Many of his novels resemble the telling of a dream conveyed with all its inconsistencies, its aimlessness; enigmatic narratives, balanced somewhere between the unspeakable and that which must be told.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.