Definition of aimless in English:
Without purpose or direction: an aimless existence
More example sentences
- Further, this conception renders purposeful art at best aimless and at worst nonsensical.
- I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble.
- This is a troubling image, redolent of something locked in an aimless subterranean existence.
unoccupied, idle, at a loose end, with time to kill
- Example sentences
- Jung believed that the more secular, materialistic, and compulsively extraverted our civilization became, the greater the unhappiness, senselessness and aimlessness of our lives.
- I think we have an aimlessness and a pointlessness out there that this legislation addresses, as well.
- Many of his novels resemble the telling of a dream conveyed with all its inconsistencies, its aimlessness; enigmatic narratives, balanced somewhere between the unspeakable and that which must be told.
Words that rhyme with aimlessageless • keyless
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.