- (Especially of an engine) cooled by means of a current of air.More example sentences
- The Americans were developing larger tanks, with cast-armour hulls and turrets, better guns, and air-cooled diesel engines.
- Sitting almost upright on one of its floats, only the severe damage to the front end, where its 14-cylinder, air-cooled radial engine was partially torn away on impact, betrays the violence that saw this aircraft downed.
- The Navy reasoned that air-cooled radial engines offered added reliability, especially when operating over water.
More definitions of air-cooledDefinition of air-cooled in:
- The US English dictionary