- Protection by aircraft for land-based or naval operations in war situations: they provide air cover for United Nations convoys of relief suppliesMore example sentences
- Undeterred, he continued flying, until he finally broke his back, as a wing commander, while providing air cover for the assault on Arnhem.
- It is no good having all the tanks serviceable if the force cannot get enough aircraft armed and ready to provide air cover.
- Providing air cover for the Operation Jubilee raid on Dieppe, France, on 19 August 1942 was the only time the three Eagle Squadrons operated together.
More definitions of air coverDefinition of air cover in:
- The US English dictionary