- The layer of air supporting a hovercraft or similar vehicle.More example sentences
- The hovercraft had an air cushion under them that could be easily ruptured.
- The hovercraft, or air cushion vehicle, was patented by British engineer Christopher Cockerell.
- When the air cushion is strong enough, the operator steps onto the hovercraft platform and waits a few seconds until the air cushion becomes powerful enough to cause uniform levitation.
More definitions of air cushionDefinition of air cushion in:
- The US English dictionary