noun[mass noun] Horticulture
- A form of layering in which the branch is potted or wrapped in a moist growing medium to promote root growth.More example sentences
- This tree can be propagated by air layering or stem cutting.
- The Javanese propagate the trees vegetatively by ‘air layering’, a technique which involves making a parcel of soil around a branch so that it strikes root and can be cut off and planted.
- He tried cuttings and air layering, with no success, and finally tried grafting it onto a related species from the Big Island.
More definitions of air layeringDefinition of air layering in:
- The US English dictionary