Definition of air traffic control in English:
The ground-based personnel and equipment concerned with controlling and monitoring air traffic within a particular area.
- Declare an emergency and air traffic control will drop everything to get airplanes out of your way.
- How do pilots communicate with air traffic control when flying over the ocean?
- All of these people stayed on their post, did their job, got the rest of air traffic control on the ground.
air traffic controller noun
- Example sentences
- Will I need more training in order to continue my career as an air traffic controller at an airport?
- He also earned certification as an air traffic controller with military control-tower rating.
- Imagine looking at the blips on the monitor of an air traffic controller in Las Angeles, multiplying those radar blips by 100-then zooming in on the flight path of a single aircraft.
Definition of air traffic control in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan