- A safety device fitted inside a road vehicle, consisting of a cushion designed to inflate rapidly and protect passengers from impact in the event of a collision.More example sentences
- If the associations we report are causal it may be that men, who are generally heavier than women, overcome the protective cushion of the air bag and strike the steering wheel more readily.
- An air bag is designed to protect a driver or passenger in the event that an accident occurs.
- A rear-facing safety seat must not be placed in the front passenger seat of any vehicle that has an air bag on the passenger side.
More definitions of airbagDefinition of airbag in:
- The US English dictionary