- A large warship with a deck from which aircraft can take off and land.More example sentences
- But within a year the aircraft was involved in an accident while landing on the aircraft carrier, HMS Ocean.
- This will allow Portsmouth Naval Base to handle the new generation of warships, particularly the future aircraft carrier.
- Yamamoto saw the aircraft carrier as supporting the battleship rather than the other way round.
More definitions of aircraft carrierDefinition of aircraft carrier in:
- The US English dictionary