- North American term for aerofoil.More example sentences
- Key areas include structural components, exhaust assemblies, engine fabrications and panels, combustion components, casings, rings and discs, machined airfoils, turbine airfoils and fan blades.
- The top airfoil was mounted well aft of the bottom wing and continued flying after the lower wing had stalled, making the airplane effectively ‘stallproof.’
- Snow may look nasty to fly in, and it does reduce visibility, but it's generally not much of a problem in flight, as it rarely adheres to aircraft surfaces enough to distort an airfoil.
More definitions of airfoilDefinition of airfoil in:
- The US English dictionary