Definition of airgun in English:
1A gun which fires pellets using compressed air.
- She had been walking with her husband along Dean Row Road on March 20 when she was hit close to her eye by a pellet fired from an air gun.
- These are not the air guns which have a built-in pressurised air canister, but the type which uses individual gas cartridges from which an air gun pellet can be fired.
- Random shots fired by an air gun shattered glass at the TV office building in Neihu and its surrounding area yesterday.
2 (also hot-air gun) A tool used to strip paint by means of a stream of very hot air.
- Take the hard work out of removing wallpaper and paint with a steam stripper and hot air gun.
- Take care with hot air methods close to glass; even an electric hot air gun can crack glass.
- Modern emulsion paints come off brick very well using a hot air gun and a paint scraper.
Definition of airgun in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan