1A gun which fires pellets using compressed air.
- She had been walking with her husband along Dean Row Road on March 20 when she was hit close to her eye by a pellet fired from an air gun.
- These are not the air guns which have a built-in pressurised air canister, but the type which uses individual gas cartridges from which an air gun pellet can be fired.
- Random shots fired by an air gun shattered glass at the TV office building in Neihu and its surrounding area yesterday.
2 (also hot-air gun) A tool used to strip paint by means of a stream of very hot air.
- Take the hard work out of removing wallpaper and paint with a steam stripper and hot air gun.
- Take care with hot air methods close to glass; even an electric hot air gun can crack glass.
- Modern emulsion paints come off brick very well using a hot air gun and a paint scraper.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: air¦gun
Definition of airgun in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.