Definition of airlock in English:
1A stoppage of the flow in a pump or pipe, caused by an air bubble.
- Their work started about an hour behind schedule because of trouble with an airlock.
- Had this problem myself, what has happened is that you have an airlock in the hose from the tank to the burner so the oil is not getting to the burner.
- If an airlock occurs, simply turn the pump on/off repeatedly until airlock clears.
2A compartment with controlled pressure and parallel sets of doors, to permit movement between areas at different pressures.
- He arrived at the briefing room, and the larger airlock doors, not pressurized at the moment, whooshed open.
- These protocols may include sealed work areas, negative pressure, airlocks, powered air purifying respirators, and protective clothing.
- Space Shuttle Atlantis will launch July 12 to carry a new airlock to the International Space Station.
Definition of airlock in:
- US English dictionary